'Sleeves' for Engagement Rings- A New Idea

I've developed a new idea for engagement & wedding ring design:  the use of an 'outer sleeve' in the wedding band.  Oh, I know, I should patent it, right?  Naw.  That's okay.  Not looking to own the world, people!  Just livin' to make beauty and to make people so happy with themselves.  Much more fun than defending the parameters, don't you think.  Hey, if some big jewelry giant steals my idea, well, you all know who really invented it, right?  Anyway, good things come to good people.  So, on we go!


I've just started dabbling in this idea on my CAD program.  The idea is to design the rings with a perfect fitting 'slot' in the wedding band that the engagement ring slides into.  This mechanism prevents the two from spinning around the finger- away and out of context from one another without permanent soldering.  The best part of all this is that the engagement ring can be pulled out of it's sleeve, which leaves tons to the imagination (at least to a ring designer!).  Imagine all the secret gems, messages and details that can be 'hidden' when the rings are together and seen when they are apart!  OOOOhhhhhh, how delightful!


 

Comments

My photo
Lim Studio
Perhaps it's because I'm an Army 'brat' that I have such an unusual resume. I have lived in over 20 locations around the world. When that is your beginning, it becomes hard to stick with just one thing. I find that I love everything. Everything interests me. I wish I had at least one hundred lifetimes to do them all!